A Dedication to Health & Nutrition
We are constantly listening to our consumers and seek to provide product offerings to meet their evolving needs, from our PERDUE® CHICKEN PLUS™ veggie-and-chicken blended items, to products made with simple ingredients under our PERDUE® SIMPLY SMART® label, to our expanded free-range offerings under our PERDUE® HARVESTLAND® line, to gluten-free products that meet the standards of the Gluten-Free Certification Organization. Also, we proudly continue to lead as the number-one producer of USDA organic chicken.
We continue to make our PERDUE® branded products even healthier:
- Our CHICKEN PLUS™ nuggets and tenders have reduced fat, reduced cholesterol, and increased positive nutrient content (fiber, protein, Vitamins A and C) compared to their traditional counterparts, and can help parents of picky eaters get more vegetable
- Our low-fat refrigerated products have less fat than comparable breaded, fried boneless chicken products, according to USDA data
- Our whole grain breaded line meets USDA Dietary Guidelines for whole grains
- We have retail and foodservice products that carry a “Child Nutrition” label, which indicates its contribution toward the USDA’s daily Child Nutrition Meal Pattern Requirements
- We use only white-meat chicken and no fillers
- We continue to strive to lower sodium levels and to meet consumer taste preferences and functional processing requirements
Our COLEMAN NATURAL® and COLEMAN ORGANIC® processed products, including sausages and bacon, contain no added nitrites, nitrates or artificial preservatives.
Most of our PERDUE® HARVESTLAND® foodservice items contain no artificial additives, nitrates or nitrites.